Young Adult Program
Facilitating Long-term Change in Struggling Youth and Families Since 2007
Young Adult Program (ages 18-25)
Located in Oregon
Young Adults (Males and Females 18-25)
*Co-ed Groups Possible
Why New Vision Wilderness?
Our nationally recognized, individually tailored wilderness therapy programs lead the industry in specialized intervention services and relational model therapy as a catalyst for positive change in struggling young adults.
New Vision Wilderness (NVW) sets industry standards in therapeutic outdoor programming. NVW empowers the individual to improve decision-making skills and build healthier relationships. NVW works with the individual and the family. NVW provides an unparalleled wilderness experience while adhering to the highest standards of safety and individual attention. The emotional and physical safety of clients is the most important factor for our staff. We offer a “build them up” philosophy focusing on their strengths and encouraging growth in those areas. We utilize both adventure education and psychotherapy to create the change in clients and do not solely rely on a physical challenge regimen as the catalyst for change. NVW doesn’t rely on an outdated behavioral level system, favoring instead, a relational focused treatment plan.
New Vision Wilderness is here for you and we want to specialize our program to your needs and your struggles. In the past our clients most commonly struggle with issues such as unresolved trauma histories, attachment/adoption distemper, anxiety, depression, dual diagnosis, low self-esteem or lack of motivation, legal problems, difficulties with decision making, anger management, bi-polar disorder, impulse control ADHD/ADD, OCD, eating disorders, and school attendance.
Highlights of the Young Adult Programming:
- Emotional and physical safety for our clients is the most important factor for our staff.
- Minimum length of Stay of 45 Days; average stay is between 6-10 weeks.
- At least 3 hours of intensive individual therapy per week and over 4+ hours of psychotherapeutic group oriented therapy.
- Access to clinical specialty staff 3 days per week.
- Brainspotting &EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitized Reprocessing)
- Adventure Education including backpacking, mountaineering, white water rafting, fly fishing and much more…
- Intensive family communication sessions
- HeartMath somatic stress-testing
- Occupational development and knowledge/expertise growth
- Transitional therapy options available through our L.O.F.T. program, or Life Opportunities for Transformation
Our Young adults have the opportunity to participate in Community Integration, which is designed to help clients with their future transitions. In the field we teach a skill based curriculum built upon interviewing techniques, resume workshops, wellness plans, and self care assessments. Concepts are reinforced in town by participating in activities that can include, but are not limited to: CPR/First Aid certification classes, Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, various volunteer opportunities, visits to the library, art galleries, and local environmental attractions. Every integration is different and specialized for each participant. By developing a higher quality of self care, professionalism, and awareness around the struggles of leaving the wilderness, Community Integration prepares individuals to confidently take control of their own lives.
Wilderness is an optimal setting for Adventure Education. Our Adventure Education program helps individuals learn about personal growth and relationships by presenting achievable challenges, setting goals, and processing experiences in a group setting. New Vision Wilderness utilizes hiking and trauma sensitive yoga as a means to reduce stress and depression, stimulate the brain, and allow individuals to process emotions at higher capacities. In addition to the Adventure Education embedded in the daily structure of New Vision Wilderness, we have specialized experiences encompassing rock climbing, canoeing, kayaking, fishing, mountain biking, and cross country skiing. While focusing on communicating and incorporating all five senses, Adventure Education also encourages participants to engage in healthy lifestyles!
Young Adult Mastery:
Unique to our young adult program, every other day is a three-part mastery day that includes pursuing therapeutic growth, occupational development, and knowledge/expertise. For more on our mastery systems click here.
Our family interventions are focused on increasing family cohesion through exploring and resolving elements of the past, and building strong family ties.
Meet Our Team:
Our dynamic staff offers a unique and intensive therapeutic process for clients. Field Therapists and Clinical Specialists are passionate about healing as well as using the outdoors as their office. The field team brings expertise in safety, adventure, and compassion for struggling youth. Biographies available click here.
Trauma Informed Care (TIC) Model:
A true Trauma Informed Care model welcomes all levels of care including training in stress responses for all line staff. At New Vision Wilderness, there is an even stronger emphasis on clinical trauma training of the clinical team who compose deep interventions to effectively manage stress in the field. Our model is the result of many years of experience and a collaborative team approach…created, maintained, and updated by a team of highly experienced professionals.
- Contact our Admissions Team at 855.689.8326. We are excited to learn more about your child and to discuss if New Vision Wilderness is the right fit.
- Visit our admissions page to begin the online application by clicking “Online Registration” link below. This provides the Admissions Team and Administrative Office with basic information. An Admissions Counselor will contact you within 24 hours.
- Receive the Admission Packet from your Admissions Counselor or the Administrative Office.
- Fax, e-mail, or mail completed Admission Packet to New Vision Wilderness. Visit our contact page for complete contact information here.
“Thanks to New Vision, I was able to work through many of my issues preventing me from being a productive member of society. I’m grateful for my experiences and those who’ve helped me along the way.” – 22 yr. old male client
How To Contact New Vision
To speak to a team member, please fill out the CONFIDENTIAL form below. A team member will contact you within 24 hours.