New Vision Wilderness’ strengths reside in the intensity of clinical interventions and a true Trauma Informed Care (TIC) model. NVW tailors the entire intervention process with the understanding that the field environment is a stressed environment. A focused, advanced neural science-based protocol allows for an effective and safe intervention for adolescents and young adults.
Most residential treatments and wilderness programs offer 1 to 2 individual client sessions per week, at New Vision Wilderness we offer 3 individual sessions per week as well as multiple group therapy sessions each week. In addition to the individual and group therapy sessions our clinicians are trained in modern, cutting edge, and evidence-based interventions. Credentials of our clinical staff are updated frequently on our staff page, click here to visit the clinical staff pages.
We have clinicians in the field throughout the week, which broadens the intervening opportunity.
The Core Concepts of the Clinical Model
1. Stress Regulation and Over Stimulation Monitoring
- Pre-/Post- Program Stressing Testing
- Individualized Stress Reduction Plans
- Guided Visualization – a program of directed thoughts and suggestions that guide your imagination toward a relaxed, focused state.
- Somatic Stressor Intervention
- Customized and adjusted field operations
2. Neural and Somatic Stabilization
- Strategic Exercise Regimen Model
- Certified Yoga Body Awareness Programming
- HeartMath Quick Coherence Implementation/HeartMath® Somatic Stress Testing – http://www.heartmath.org/
3. Cutting Edge Therapy and Expressive Arts
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing) – http://www.emdr.com/
- Brainspotting – Please visit our Resources section here.
- Traumatic Memory Reprocessing through NLP
- Certified Art Therapist on Staff – Certified Art Therapy Intervention uses art-making to address psychological and emotional needs by fostering self expression, creating coping skills, managing stress, strengthening sense of self and more. Read more here.
4. Institute of HeartMath Stress Reduction Protocols
- Implementation of Institute of HeartMath Interventions Program
- Training in Quick Coherence, Freeze Frame, and Heart Lock-in Techniques
5. Mastery Program for Attachment Formulation
- No Level systems
- Collaborative Skills Building Model
- Focuses on Mastery, Accomplishment and Recognition
- Rites of Passage Experience
How To Contact New Vision
To speak to a team member, please fill out the CONFIDENTIAL form below. A team member will contact you within 24 hours.